Airport Master Plan
The Airport Master Plan presents a 20-year vision for the Airport site and provides the framework and strategic direction to guide the future development of the Airport to underpin our region’s growth, economic development and tourism potential.
Council’s Vision for the Airport is:
- to be the premier gateway to the NSW Mid North Coast
Council’s Mission for the Airport is:
- to continue to grow the Airport's contribution to the regional economy by promoting a range of competitive airline services that underpin the region's business and tourism industries; and by establishing an airport precinct business park to attract new employment and inward investment opportunities to the region
Council’s priority objectives for the Airport are:
- to provide adequate infrastructure and facilities to meet the forecast demand for future regular public transport (RPT) airline operations
- to provide opportunity for commercial property development to promote employment opportunities, facilitate economic development, and support the long-term financial viability and sustainability of the Airport business
Following completion of the Stage 1A airside infrastructure upgrade in 2013, Council has recently reviewed and updated the Master Plan by way of an Addendum Report which identifies future development required to:
- Continue to comply with Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) aerodrome standards;
- Cater for forecast growth in airline (RPT) services and passenger numbers;
- Cater for demand for future general aviation (GA) activities;
- Provide opportunity for commercial property development; and
- Promote the establishment of flood-free road access to the Airport.
Please click on the links below to read the Addendum Report, and previous Master Plan 2010 documents.
Port Macquarie Airport Master Plan 2010 - Addendum Report(PDF, 9MB)
Port Macquarie Airport Master Plan 2010(PDF, 18MB)